GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by EEDJ

1. E

Are there two coolant sensors on a 2015 Golf TSI 1.8?

Update: I did change the coolant temperature sensor located on the head and it seems to have solved the light problem. I'm on borrowed time with the water pump assembly so that will probably be next.
  2. E

Thanks for the reply with pictures and instructions. I can see the sensor on my car. I'll replace it to see if that fixes it. I probably need a water pump assembly now or soon since I'm at 210k miles on the original. Once the weather is a little warmer I may do that too.
  3. E

I had a CEL code P0118 (Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor 1, Circuit High) so I changed the sensor that is located on the hose at the bottom of the radiator. I reset the code but the light is back on a couple of days later. Is there a sensor located on the head or block as well? Thanks
  4. E

60k and 70k miles service for 2014 TSI auto

I'm at 70k miles and didn't do a 60k mile service. I might have skipped the 50k also. Dealer quoted about $1000 for plugs, auto trans fluid change, filters, induction service?, rotate tires, etc. I've been changing the oil and filter every 5k miles so there's no issues with gunked up oil. Is...
  5. E

Real world highway MPG for 1.8 and GTI

Hello, I am considering buying a 2015 Golf TSI. I can't find reviews that report the measured MPG. I drive 75% highway at 70 MPH. Has anyone kept track of their highway MPG (US gallons). I have some interest in the GTI assuming the real MPG is not too far below the TSI. If I wanted to sell...