GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by dwbandler

1. D

Feal Suspension

Towards the top - to adjust you have to jack up the rear until there is enough room to reach under the fender
  2. D

Feal Suspension

Got these in the mail yesterday. After doing a bit of research I determined these will fit the R without issue so I pulled the trigger. I went with the 441 option (most basic) with the radial bearing upgrade and shock covers. Total cost as $1628 shipped. Was originally considering KW V3’s but...
  3. D

New Garrett Turbos for MQB

What fueling upgrades do you have?
  4. D

best option for more camber

The other thing I didn’t consider until today is that I should get some negative camber just lowering the car, correct? Anyone have an idea how much negative camber I would get with JUST v3 coilovers lowered one inch? Based on the driving I do (daily/canyons on the weekend) my sense is that...
  5. D

I need new tires but the choices are overwhelming. Suggestions?

I run Michelin PS4S in the summer and love them. In my experience they are noticeably better than the performance summer Continentals that came on the car
  6. D

this is super helpful, thanks @scrllock @blaqsheep @Will_ @SouthFL_Mk7.5 @Superfreak @El_bigote_AJ
  7. D

thank you both! And yes @Superfreak I am definitely down once we get through this bad weather. Shoot me a DM and we can connect. I also just saw that Whiteline had their own ball joint option. Anyone running those? Curious if they have the same issues as the 034 ball joints.
  8. D

Next mod on my MK7 R will be coilovers, most likely KW V3's. As of today the only suspension mod is a H&R RSB. I'd like to get a bit more camber up front and am trying to decide what options make the most sense; because the V3's don't have adjustable top hats, I have been looking at different...
  9. D

Looking for info on IE's turbo kit

I’d check out UM if you have a dealer near you. They have a lot of experience with with big turbo tunes on the MQB platform. I have the stage 2 pmax tuned by them and I love it. Mine is a 6MT and has flex fuel, no lift shift, and launch control mapped in. Never had a single issue with UM and...
  10. D

I’ll have to drive it a little more and see, not really sure I notice it right now but have only had the car for a couple days. I will agree that I don’t really experience or feel any on-throttle compressor surge or side effects associate with it. I do hear some off-throttle surge (dose...
  11. D

Not sure, sorry. I didn’t do the install. Are you thinking of using them for tuning? I bet they would help you out if you shot them an email.
  12. D

I have had the car for about ~24 hours now and wanted to share my initial impressions. Overall I am quite pleased and do not regret my decision. For context, I was trying to decide on the stage 2 pmax or the vortex... ultimately went with the pmax based on my belief that it will have superior...
  13. D

I know Innovative Motorsport claims that RS3 LPFP is good for 650whp on E60 so I figured that plus the 925cc MPI kit would be plenty. Given the fact that I am at 5k+ altitude and on a stock motor I don't think it will be making more than 450whp but we will see. I would trust Diggs or someone...
  14. D

Nice! Haven't been on instagram for awhile now... bummed I missed that. You in Denver?
  15. D

Not sure there is much to go on about. There is a limit to how fast any turbo can safely spin. The only way to truly know the RPM of a turbo shaft is to monitor with a speed sensor. Since this turbo has a shaft speed sensor port and United Motorsport can incorporate that data into the tune, they...