GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Drincc

1. Drincc

Need Advice - Aftermarket Rims Suggestions

A set of Motegis might be within that price range especially in 17". When I had a Rav4, I did a set of their offroad-style wheels for around $190 CAD a piece.
  2. Drincc

What did you do to your mk7 today?

OEM mudgards went on. The cutouts for the lower trims are a nice touch.
  3. Drincc

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Accessory mudguards came in. Given how rainy it is where I am, I'm surprised they didn't come with the car.
  4. Drincc

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

aFe Dry filter it is.
  5. Drincc

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

Now that I'm debating between switching off JB1 or just adding light support mods and keeping it (broken connector is the debating point), what's the theoretical limit that the JB1 can take before JB4 is required? I was considering an aFe or VWR R600 intake.
  6. Drincc

Offered 32K for 2019 Alltrack SE, considering options

Ha, I usually call the driveline fluids between 45-60k based on use. Most owners in my neck of the woods go camping a few weeks every summer up a forest road, if not deep into some easy to reach spots. The hardcore owners typically go elsewhere to get them done at short intervals like that. I'm...
  7. Drincc

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Looks like zip ties and foil tape it is. I’ll probably attack it from underneath and be absolutely sure it’s not coming apart.
  8. Drincc

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Anyone with JB1/4 know a workaround for securing a broken Plug D connector short of replacing it if the module has to come out? I have access to really small zipties and am trying to visualize routing a few of them to secure it to the sensor.
  9. Drincc

Stratified Automotive Custom Etune

That's the other thing that's pulling me in to sell the JB1 for a Stratified tune+AP. Long term issues with fuel. You're aware that the local 94 can some times rate lower, and the 91 even lower than that. I've heard of tuners on other platforms having to make specific adjustments for BC gas...
  10. Drincc

Well, if I'm not happy with Stratified's tune, then I can go on to get anyone else. Sake of convenience, really.
  11. Drincc

No. That's my main concern with buying the Access Port via EQT. Pricing in Canada is consistent regardless of the vendor, and shipping from the US for EQT always carries the risk of being made to pay duty. Hell, even after factoring in conversion, Stratified includes the tune and local pickup is...
  12. Drincc

Anyone still running a Stratified FlashTune, or switched away to EQT that can give feedback? Stratified is like twenty minutes from my house, so being local eliminates getting possibly destroyed by duty and taxes if I was to get EQT. My intent was 91 Octane Stage 1, or giving their 87 Octane...
  13. Drincc

Offered 32K for 2019 Alltrack SE, considering options

If your dad is religious about oil changes, then that chain is lifetime. I work at a Toyota dealer, and people who off-road their FJ/Tacomas thinking that they're bulletproof and neglecting oil changes are starting to come in with cam position sensor codes that are almost always stretched chains.
  14. Drincc

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Ran autoX for the first time in this car today. I had problems with wheelspin because I was unfamiliar with how power delivery would be especially with the JB1 in play. And I didn't want to risk breaking something if I sent it too hard. At the very least, I started the day at 59 seconds and...
  15. Drincc

Acura to bring back Integra name in Spring 2022

I've been hearing something along the lines of a Civic Si-based 1.5T/DCT for the base version, and 2.0T+10AT for the Type S. If the latter is Type R derived, I wouldn't be surprised, but it's probably going to be a tarted up version of the 2.0T in the Accord. However, if there's more Type R DNA...