GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Dnkltd

1. D

Turns out I bought a tuned CPO car

Stock may not be a big letdown. I had an APR stage one and blew an engine. Fortunately warranty covered the cost & I left the car stock after that for the next 60k miles until I sold it.
  2. D

FS: OEM Rear Brake Pads & Rotors

EDIT. Willing to ship. Buyer pays shipping cost.
  3. D

Appreciate the offer but I just don’t have the time right now.
  4. D

Ended up selling the car and never used the parts. These are for the NON PERFORMANCE PACKAGE. 5Q0-615-601-D Rotors $80.00 7N0-698-451-A Pads $50.00 Willing to sell both or separate. Located in Las Vegas. Local pick up only. No shipping. Call 702-491-3442
  5. D

Advice/Opinions/Experience, Please - selling car after damage repair

Every situation is different. In my case my car was paid off, but it was also 6 years old with 76,000 miles and an accident on carfax. I didn’t want to get into payments again, but I also didn’t want to get stuck with a 100,000 mile vehicle that I wouldn’t be able to sell. The fact that Carmax...
  6. D

Also had two dealers tell me that CarMax is paying crazy $ right now.
  7. D

Like I said, I think it affected it by about 2-3k. There were no hoops whatsoever. I did an online quote and they honored the quote when I took it in. They do an inspection when you go in. The whole process took about an hour.
  8. D

I just sold my car to CarMax 2 days ago. Mine was in an accident 5 years ago with roughly the same amount of damage. I tried listing it on Auto Trader and didn’t get a single call in 3 weeks. The CarMax offer was surprisingly not that bad. I actually tried Carvana, Vroom & Autonation and the...
  9. D

my tuned GTI suffered a catastrophic engine failure...

Long story short, check engine light came on. Car started to sputter and misfire. Towed to dealership. All 4 plugs were wet of fuel. #2 had broken. #1 had 100% leak coming from the crank case & #2 had a 10% leak. 3 & 4 passed. They replaced the long block.
  10. D

my tuned GTI suffered a catastrophic engine failure...

Went through same exact scenario at 15k miles. Fortunately, mine got covered by VW. Also had a tranny go out on a Stasis tuned Audi S4 prior to the GTI. I’m at 70k now. Stock since repair. No more tunes going forward. Maybe just bad luck, but I’m done.