GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by DJL2

1. D

Howdy! New GTI owner reporting.

A little over 2k in now, mixed driving. Did a ~1000 mile road trip (and getting ready to redo it here) and have been using it as my daily driver. Some shorter trips as well. It's been a pleasure to drive. My little T-rex arms would appreciate if the shifter were 1-2" closer to me, but c'est...
  2. D

For the pics or it didn’t happen crowd.
  3. D

Can confirm that shifter gripes aren't on my radar yet. I could do the clutch spring on GP as that is a little light.
  4. D

Haha...oh, man...I think I stopped counting at 4. It was an every 1-2 year replacement, easy. The flip side is you could put your foot down in 6th and go from a stuck in traffic 60 mph to a "do you know how fast you were going" level in the time it took you to check the speedo.
  5. D

I'll check the local VW first...made the drive to ATL for this one as finding a stick shift often comes down to which dealer is willing to bring the vehicle to you. I'm pretty impressed with the GTI, honestly. I've driven a lot of vehicles where the cockpit just isn't right - happy to see the...
  6. D

Ah, yes...the tune...I was about to head over to the technical section and post a "will this void my warranty" thread ;-). I looked at APR, JB4 and...Revo. Might just flip a coin and see what I get. Being able to flash the ECU right through the OBD port is...too easy, almost, not to do it...
  7. D

Y'all know my wife is gonna kill me if I turn this into Jeep Part 2, right?! The tires are something of a novelty...I've never seen a 500 tread wear rating before...I didn't know they went that high.
  8. D

This past weekend saw my much loved E90 335i go its own way after more than 10 years as a loved member of the family. A new VW GTI stepped in to take it's place. It's walking the fine line between practical and fun and joins a Wrangler JKUR in the garage. The GTI got the nod in large part...