GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by darkarcher

1. D

Compare DCC to No DCC please!

So, I'm not sure anyone would be able to accurately determine the answer to my question based on a test drive alone, but I will ask anyway. If you order a GTI without DCC approximately what setting do you think the car is in when comparing it to the different available modes of DCC? So...
  2. D

Golf R vs GTI Turbo issues with Tune

I have been keeping up with the GTI but haven't heard much about turbo's being blown on the R? Looking at potentially buying an R instead of a GTI since I just got a better paying job. Wondering if folks are having turbo problems post tune like they are with the GTI's? For those of you...
  3. D

Towing capacity of MK7GTI???

Anybody know the official towing capacity of the MK7GTI? Need to haul a small trailer with a sportbike.
  4. D

PerformancePack or no PerformancePack USA?

Hey guys, do you think the PP is worth it? What's your opinion?
  5. D

Tune vs Stock engine life?

I'm sure this has been discussed in the past, but for those of you who have owned previous golf models with either stage 1 or stage 2 for long term, how long did they last before you had issues related to the increased wear and tear from performance tuning. If I pull the trigger on a GTI, I...
  6. D

Wheel size/ weights/ performance and looks

For those of you experienced golf golf/gti owners who have experimented with 17's and 18" rims on either lowered or stock height cars, which did you like more? I like everything about the 2015 gti except for the stock wheels. Just wondering what size would look / perform the best for a daily...