GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by danall

1. D

Vehicle Insurance ratings

For whatever this is worth (nothing perhaps) the following is a link to a State Farm Vehicle Insurance rating system. It has 4 categories of ratings for autos and a rating from A to E...A being best, E worst. Categories such as Liability index, collison/damage index, theft and damage index etc...
  2. D

Brake/wheel squeal

My 2016 GTI developed a weird wheel/brake squeal. I first noticed it at a low speed when turning the steering slightly. Then i would notice it when the car was cold and i would back out of the garage, sometimes very loud, it seemed to quit after a few hundred feet. My hearing isn't the best so...
  3. D

2016 GTI PP w/MT personal review

These are just my initial driving impressions based on my experiences and expectations. Let me preface this with stating that this is my first turbo engine car. I have been driving for 48 years and have owned a multitude of cars, everything from a 4 cylinder British Sunbeam, to V8 powered...
  4. D

GTI manual 6 speed gear ratios

I have ordered a 2016 GTI and really went back and forth manual vs DSG. Finally settled on the 6 speed manual but I had concerns over two areas with the manual, (1) the large ratio spread between 1st and 2nd which is 45%, and (2) the first gear to final drive ratio which is 12.182. First I will...