GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by DainBramaged

1. D

6 speed manual gear ratios

Was just wondering if anyone has or knows where to get the ratios for the 6 speed manual (for the standard petrol engines)? I used to think that 6th was a long gear, but I've recently heard that 6th is pretty similar to 5th in a 5 speed and it's just that the gap between the ratios is smaller...
  2. D

Insurance question for Match owner

I was reading a week or two ago that some people who had got the Match edition were having problems with insurance company's not having the Mk7 Match in their databases yet. I know when I was looking at hypothetical quotes the system would only recognise a MK6 Match or a MK7 SE, but this was a...
  3. D

Car Mats

Hi folks. Just deciding on which car mats to get. Probably going to go for http://www.amazon.co.uk/Volkswagen-Golf-Rubber-Fully-Tailored/dp/B004ZDRKGK/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1409398991&sr=8-6&keywords=golf+mk7+car+mats or...
  4. D

What to use between waxes/sealings

Hi folks. I'm new to looking after the exterior of a car apart giving it a wash so sorry for asking simple questions. I was wondering what, if anything i can use or do to the paintwork once i've washed it but it's not time to put a wax coating on or seal it? I'll be trying to wash it every week...
  5. D

What detailing brands/products do you use?

Hi folks. I've never been one to do much to my car aside from a basic wash every month (ish lol) and a vacuum even less. My excuse was i've never really had nice cars, but that shouldn't be the point. Anyway, Im away to get my nice shiny new Golf soon and I want to keep it looking good. I was...
  6. D

Bosch Aerotwins

Hi folks. Still waiting for my car but im trying to get a few bits and pieces for the car before it arrives like mats, new bulbs etc. Even if I don't have a problem with the wipers I want to stick a set of Aerotwins on anyway and was just wondering which ones as there are a couple of different...
  7. D

How long to get a build week?

I know this is another "how longs a piece of string" question, but im really excited and impatient lol. Roughly how long does it take for a build week to be confirmed after its reached the factory? I know each case is different, but i was just wondering what an average might be. I keep trying...
  8. D

Bluetooth connection.

Just waiting for my car to be delivered but I was wondering if you need to manually pair your phone each time you get in the car or is it possible, once you have set it up the first time, it will recognise your phone each time after that and the phone will be paired and usable automatically each...
  9. D

Owners Manual

Hi folks. Just ordered my Golf 1.4 Match on Thursday and Im very excited. Was given an aprox 11 week lead time, but im prepared for a possible longer wait (or maybe even a little early surprise). My question is, is there any where you guys know that I can get a pdf copy of the MK7 owners...