GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Cylintz

1. C

Buying used 2016 Golf R with possible mechanical issue

Yeah, I just went ahead and cancelled the order before I ended up doing something stupid. I appreciate all the advice!
  2. C

So while I've been waiting for Carvana to call me back I had time to play detective. I found a forum ID for the previous owner and their list of mods in 2016... lol Niche Misano Wheels Winter wheels and tires CTS BOV Airlift 3P Kit OBDeleven USP Downpipe Maxton front lip Maxpider Mats Their...
  3. C

You guys are convincing me that maybe I should just suck it up and finance a new one. How do I know you're not all VW salesman? ;)
  4. C

It definitely won't hurt to keep my eyes open for a good deal outside my area that might be worth the trip. Thanks.
  5. C

So if there is an issue then the owner really must have really trashed the car in that time. I'll make sure to cancel the purchase if it has anything to do with that. Thanks for the replies.
  6. C

Carvana offers extended warranties, but should I need that if the manufacturer's warranty hasn't expired?
  7. C

I can't really afford to get a new one at this point so the hard part is finding a reliable used one. I'm also looking for a Golf R DSG which seems much less common than the GTI.
  8. C

Where do you find cars that you're confident enough to buy a one-way ticket to test drive and how many frequent flyer miles did you pick up shopping around? I'm pretty sure if I flew out of state to buy a Golf R I would end up driving it home even if it turned out to be a Ford Fiesta with German...
  9. C

Well my initial emotion was to say to heck with this car, but the more I think about it the more I feel like I should at least wait to see what they say the problem is. They at least told me about it before I went to pick it up. I can make a more informed decision once they get back to me. I can...
  10. C

I decided to call up the place that serviced it November 100 miles ago and they said they only replaced the battery and control module because it wouldn't start. They said they test drove it with no issues after programming the new computer. That makes me feel slightly better. I'm still waiting...
  11. C

Unfortunately I live in Indiana so I don't have that many options. I went with Carava because there are more cars available since they will ship it from out of state. I planned to have it checked by a mechanic during the 7 day return period.
  12. C

Hello, I'm looking at buying a used 2016 Golf R with 20k miles from Carvana, but the day I was going to pick it up they called me and told me there is an issue with the car making noises in the back when turning and reversing. They said they're going to have it checked out and repaired, but I'm...