GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Cesco_93

1. Cesco_93

Disable rear wiper

Glad your rear wiper keeps you safe. It's probably good you left it.
  2. Cesco_93

Disable rear wiper

Wanted to remove extra plastic that I found unnecessary. (Don't ask me about my mudflaps lol). But with all seriousness I think the car looks so much sharper without it. Matter of opinion I guess.
  3. Cesco_93

Disable rear wiper

Out of curiosity...why do you need to disable it in order to remove it? I removed mine, but didn't mess with any of that.
  4. Cesco_93

Steering clunk when stationary with video

Mine is similar, but it's not audible from the outside of the car. So I think mine is in the steering rack.
  5. Cesco_93

BG for Carbon Buildup

Can you recommend anything good or better? I'm no mechanic. TIA.
  6. Cesco_93

BG for Carbon Buildup

Does anyone have experience using BG during valve cleaning. It's a harsh chemical only sold to shops. This guy has a pretty awesome video on it. I'd like to hear your thoughts. I'm at 46k miles so starting to plan how I'm going to go about it.
  7. Cesco_93

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Heard that! Think there is a good time to fix it though? I.E. during Valve cleaning, Water pump replacement, belts, etc..? Those are all things that I'm sure I'll do eventually and maybe kill two birds with one stone?
  8. Cesco_93

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Where's this oil coming from and what's the fix? The car has always leaked from the fill cap, but this looks like its coming from that bolt. What do you all think? And my shit's dirty I got it lol I live in the desert at 4000ft.
  9. Cesco_93

Touch Up Spray Paint?

Bump. Need some help - Need to paint a replacement Driver's side Key Hole Cover (Primed). Anyone think either of these budget options would work well? Color is Carbon Steel Grey. Both are around $30-40. Thoughts?
  10. Cesco_93

Torque Solutions vs BFI trans insert

For those of you with the BFI mount kit, did you all use their insert for the sub-frame mount or do you recommend another brand insert or a full puck replacement? TIA.
  11. Cesco_93

Jolting while engine braking?

Thank you guys. Can anyone recommend (for or against) the BFI Stage 1 Mount set? (Includes Engine mount, Trans mount, and Sub-frame Insert @ $600) for daily spirited driving. Or maybe a more affordable but reliable option? TIA.
  12. Cesco_93

Tuned St2 about 6 months ago. 45k miles on the car total.
  13. Cesco_93

Engine mounts are stock, so could be. The jolting would happen even in second gear at low RPMs so I assumed maybe something throttle related, but I'm not sure where I would go with that information.
  14. Cesco_93

For a few days this week I was having an issue where I could be in any gear and as soon as I let off the gas during engine braking the car would jolt a single time. It did not occur when shifting. It's not doing it anymore, but I am paranoid of it recurring or something failing. Seems like some...
  15. Cesco_93

Steering rack replacement

I'm getting the same noise from my steering rack. I'm wondering if raising my car a bit will help.