GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Cemetery

1. Cemetery

Driver’s side axle

I've reused those bolts plenty of times- they are not stretch bolts.
  2. Cemetery

Driver’s side axle

They are there for a reason. Why didnt you reuse? I dont see a need to replace them. That said youll likely be ok
  3. Cemetery

Garages of golfmk7.com: picture thread

+1 for quick jacks. I have two sets, one in the trailer for races and one around the garage. Yeah they are a bit tough to position but so its still better that doing the song and dance of getting a car level on jack stands. You will never use jack stands again.
  4. Cemetery

GOLF waterpump leaks problem for YEARS ---why not solved

A leaking waterpump made you sell your car?
  5. Cemetery

It helps they aren't folded over after all these years, but the GTI was still heavily bolstered for the time. More so then the 911.
  6. Cemetery

Its an 83. 100% stock and in great condition. It's a perfect example of never meet your heros. Its an occasion to drive and it turns heads, but boy they sure don't make them like they used to (and that's good;))
  7. Cemetery

No MK7 in the picture (because that ones actually reliable) but we finished up painting the floors and reorganizing. Super lucky to share this space with some good friends for our automotive endeavors.
  8. Cemetery

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Cracked one of my Cadiz wheels on a rock this weekend. Found these RS3 wheels with new Falken FK510s the next day. Digging the tires and the change in F/R grip with the staggered setup. Definitely noticeable!
  9. Cemetery

Major Clutch Issues

If the car isn't shifting into gear while running that is likely a hydraulic issue not necessarily the clutch.
  10. Cemetery

Brother's Sportwagon, oil falling into a black hole!

Just note that passing results on the leakdown do not fully rule out rings. Carbon can build between the control rings, resulting in a good compression/leakdown test will burn oil since the rings can no longer wipe the cylinders properly. Valve stem seals are another possibility...
  11. Cemetery

Brother's Sportwagon, oil falling into a black hole!

New emissions equipment is pretty darn impressive. You may not see smoke and still sending oil past the rings (this was the case on my B8 A4). Leak down test may be able to tell you something, but if it due to carbon buildup between the oil control rings, the leak down numbers would be...
  12. Cemetery

Smoke from exhaust

Maybe im missing something trivial, but valve stem seals cannot be diagnosed via a leakdown test.
  13. Cemetery

Unable to shift in to first gear

brake fluid and "clutch fluid" are the same thing. Same reservoir. heavy clutch fluid ?????????
  14. Cemetery

Unable to shift in to first gear

Does the car shift normally to all gears with the car off? If so, it is almost certainly hydraulic related. I would start with bleeding the clutch and see if it improves. If not, its most likely your throw out bearing going. If it isn't smooth with the car off, it is linkage related. You can...
  15. Cemetery

Gimmicky waste of time/money/effort mods

After reading through this thread, I'd say people are wasting time listening to others mod recommendations :) As someone who has 100+ w2w hours, there is no right answer to suspension you will find. There is no one setup that works for every track. There is no one setup that works for every...