GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by BigJerm44

1. BigJerm44

2017 GTI SE w/ Performance Pack - Stage 2 + extras

After a year and a half wait, i'm days away from picking up my 2024 RS3. I've owned my GTI since November of 2017 and i'm the sole owner. I've detailed cars for 15 years and a few years back did a full 2 stage correction on the car. ~83,500 miles Located in Buffalo, NY Looking for $17,500...
  2. BigJerm44

EventhorizoN VW GTI S build

Thanks for the input! Unfortunately I did already order the Strafe diffuser so Im going to give it a go? Where did you get those rear winglets though? The two on the outer edges of the rear bumper. Also, luckily I'm going more for form over function in the aerodynamics department so that won't...
  3. BigJerm44

EventhorizoN VW GTI S build

Hey man! I actually ordered the ECS spoiler extension and was planning on buying a diffuser from strafe. Happened to stumble upon your car when googling photos of the mk7 with that extension and low and behold your car comes up with both parts! Looks absolutely amazing. I just had some...
  4. BigJerm44

Forcing readiness with OBD11?

Does anyone know how to accomplish this? I failed NY inspection because my catalyst monitor was not ready, and neither was my O2. I have a MAP downpipe with a cat, and I was running Unitronic Stage 2 when I failed. My uni dealer advised me to flash down to stock, stage 1, or stage 1+ and this...
  5. BigJerm44

Touch up paint for PP calipers?

Anyone know where I may be able to find some? Tireshop decided to try and fit my old wheels on the car a few months back without the spacers and well, that's why I had spacers - they didn't fit without. Scratched up both front calipers. Did a search to no avail.
  6. BigJerm44

Can I use these studs with ball seat nuts as well?

Just curious if I'd be able to purchase a set of ball seat nuts that for the stocks when winter rolls back around. It says "For use with conical seat wheels and up to 20mm spacers only", and just want to confirm that the the studs are compatible with ball seat as well. Link below. Also if anyone...
  7. BigJerm44

Looking for someone to confirm

So Ive made a deposit on some WCI cast MD1’s, and am just trying to make my decision on whether to go 18x 8.5 et 42 or 18 x 9.5 et 40. I want to get as close as possible to the setup shown in the photos below. These are 18 x 8.5 et40 with 10mm spacers up front and 15mm in the rear. I’ll be...
  8. BigJerm44

DSG - transmission leak?

So I noticed this the other day when installing my roceuro arm. First noticed the rubbery substance shown in the photos as well as the video toward the left. I believe it looks flattened because this is where I assumed the weight of the transmission using a jack and 2x4 when changing the trans...
  9. BigJerm44

VIBRATION.. I'm driving myself to insanity.

I’ve been chasing a vibration for almost a month now and I’m not sure where to turn next. I’m literally driving myself crazy and could use any insight anyone has to offer. See below for a step by step list of my actions. I’ve done extensive research not only throughout this forum but even other...
  10. BigJerm44

What did you do to your mk7 today?

What are people’s thoughts on these? I’m interested but read a few posts saying things like “it might provide more air flow but that’s just allowing more dust into the engine”. I think it sounds slightly dramatic but have been pondering the whole snow guard removal / drop in route looking for...
  11. BigJerm44

MAPerformance downpipe loose again..

Hey guys. So it looks like the old MAP group buy thread has been deactivated so this discussion isn’t really going anymore. Fired up the rig this morning to the wonderful sound of air billowing out from directly beneath my car. I’m all too familiar with this sound at this point, as the clamp...
  12. BigJerm44

Is this grease normal?

Was messing with my wheels yesterday and noticed all this grease build up in my wheel well when cleaning. Is this normal ? I checked the boots on my axel and they appear to be fine. No grease sling in my wheels either. Just this one spot. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. BigJerm44

Thanks guy! And yep, just VWR’s. Also, that is indeed the V2. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. BigJerm44

Haha thanks dude ! Whereabouts you from? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. BigJerm44

Thanks dude! Appreciate all the help you provided when it came to helping me with specs! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk