GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Belthasar

1. B

MK7 Climatronic upgrade with instructions and pictures.

Excellent work! I am in awe over your diligence. Do you also have the ability to do defrost + floor simultaneously now?
  2. B

WTB: Stock MK7 Golf R 6MT Springs

Title says it all. Specifically want the fronts to be from a 6MT car (red white and violet markings, but correct me if I'm wrong). Willing to pay shipping. Not interested in GTI springs or anything aftermarket. Let me know what you've got.
  3. B

@Goodbar, thanks for following up with your experiences, and for looking into differences in the wiring diagrams for manual vs Climatronic units. I find that to be very intriguing and I have the same head-scratching question - why would there be two different servos, depending on whether the...
  4. B

It arrived in the mail, but I haven't had a chance to fiddle with it yet. I'll report back as soon as I do (y)
  5. B

Thanks for the update and for sharing your thoughts, Dave. And for your clarification that the percentage refers to how much of the air in the cabin is recirculated. That's also an interesting conjecture that the system may change recirc amount based on other factors. Might be worth data...
  6. B

Inspection

Over here in the commonwealth of PA, I believe we're allowed one or two "not ready" statuses and can still pass. I suspect NJ has a similar allowance. The "not activated" things you see are probably systems that our models simply are not equipped with.
  7. B

Thanks, Dave! I compared my coding string to yours. Mine was: The first few bits are benign differences (body style, LHD vs RHD, petrol vs diesel, etc.). The other few differences in your coding vs mine doesn't seem to be related to the recirc function. Nonetheless, I tried your coding...
  8. B

Checking in again. I have not been able to solve the recirc issue. @davegsm82 , are you able to post your coding information on your 5G0907044BD unit?
  9. B

Thank you for clarifying that the "bit 3" change was applicable to an H revision unit. And you bring up an interesting point about older panels intended to be used with older infotainment. My BD revision, though, seems to be listed across 2015-2017 models (I have a 2017 GSW). I really want...
  10. B

Oooo I'm interested to read how this goes for you, @Cuzoe. I'm particularly interested in how the air quality sensor will function. I have not been able to successfully fix the recirc flap problem. I don't see anything naturally-labeled for it in long coding, nor do any of the adaptations...
  11. B

I would love to take a peek at your coding info. At a quick glance at your earlier posts, it seems like you bought 5G0907044BD? That's the one I got, too. It looks like Goodbar's unit is 5GM907044A? This seems plausible. Good thinking, as always.
  12. B

That's a headache that's about to begin. So this isn't necessarily just a revision thing, it's also a 5G0 vs 5GM thing? I don't even know where to begin to try to find an analogous long coding change to @Goodbar's climatronic unit. Your conjecture regarding the sunlight sensor setting is a...
  13. B

Excellent work, @Goodbar . You posted your success before I could gather data. Nonetheless, I fired up VCDS and loaded up the values illustrated in your photo. Mine were 100% identical to yours. Further, running the recirc test procedure revealed that, in fact, the recirc flap was not...
  14. B

This is an excellent question, as I'm unsure whether G150/Pin13 and G151/Pin14 are tied to "left side and right side respectively", or "Driver side and passenger side respectively" in a LHD-centric labeling. I imagine that the correspondences are to driver/passenger, so in your case G150/Pin13...
  15. B

^ Thanks, @davegsm82 . After figuring out that the pic you posed is looking at the unit from behind, and mirroring it for my LHD car, I was able to confirm that my recirc flap is, indeed, functioning correct. Pictures for anyone searching this in the future: You can see this by removing...