GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by bcgti

1. B

2019 v 2020

Google is your friend! 2019 - https://www.vw.ca/idhub/content/dam/onehub_pkw/importers/ca/2020/showroom/gti/BuyersGuide_2019_GolfGTI.pdf 2020 - https://www.vw.ca/idhub/content/dam/onehub_pkw/importers/ca/2020/showroom/gti/MY20buyersguidegolfGTIEN.pdf
  2. B

Overfilling gas

My MK6 lasted about a year of ‘topping off’ before I had to replace the check valve. I replaced it myself and learned my lesson! Got an evap error code that would come and go but other than that it drove just fine (before fixing it). So I believe it would take a lot for it to become an issue.
  3. B

Spark Plug Swap: OEM NGK [06K905601D] to NGK PLFER7A8EG [94833]

First off I’m not an expert on spark plugs but I don’t believe the pink color on the porcelain insulator is a sign of detention/knocking. True detention/knocking would cause some pretty obvious physical damage. Here’s a good comment from this link -...
  4. B

Mk8 GTI to be revealed in March

I like the look and don’t mind the interior. But for me, at this point in my life, I feel the lack of an electrified drivetrain (for NA) makes this irrelevant. If you had free money to invest right now would you honestly feel oil/gas is the smart choice?
  5. B

How do I even get this damage fixed? (Road debris)

Stuff like this stings for sure but unless it's a collectable show car for you then just put some touch up paint on it and don't worry about it.
  6. B

Oil/Filter Question - Canadians

To the OP's question - I've been using Motomaster Formula 1 5w40 for the past few years which is always a good price at Canadian Tire. It's on the VW approved oil list too. I do change my oil roughly every 6 months which is ~10000km's for me. As for filters I order a bunch of Wix filters...
  7. B

Help with odd noise underhood

Hello all, Stock 2016 R dsg with low miles. There's a loud sound when first building boost that sounds like a creaking door or a horn noise (heard from inside and outside) - it goes away once your well into boost. It's not speed or rpm dependent but doesn't happen when the car is cold. I...
  8. B

Chris Harris Buying Advice

Gotta love Chris Harris https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=728MLtVImvo
  9. B

CTS Turbo Inlet Pipe

CTS Turbo Inlet Pipe - SOLD SOLD!!!! Hello, Used roughly a year, great shape. $70 shipped - paypal preferred. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!
  10. B

DSG fluid change time vs mileage

Manual states every 60,000 km for the DSG fluid/filter change - no mention of time. My car is coming close to 3 years old with only ~30,000 km of everyday driving. Would you all recommend a change out or be good until the 60,000km? Thanks
  11. B

FS - JB4

SOLD! Hello all, I have a 1 year old JB4 unit with data cable for sale. Excellent shape. $420 CDN shipped. PM me if you want pics. Prefer PayPal and I won’t charge the 3%! Thanks!
  12. B

Windshield cracked need advice

Definitely need to replace it. In my neck of the woods (Canada) virtually every vehicle that's driven through the winter will have windshields that at best look like yours. In the last 7 years I've had to replace the windshield 4 times. So don't feel bad as it could be a lot worse!
  13. B

2019 Mazda3

I agree the torsion-beam is a bummer but look at the Fiesta ST and Mazda 2 - everyone seems to praise the handling on those cars. If done right it might not be that bad. And yes - bring back the Speed 3!
  14. B

Hey Canadians

I didn't know there was 4 month leases - 12 months I've seen before but who would waste money on that short of a lease? A 12 month lease (no money down) on a base DSG Golf R would cost you a cool monthly payment of ~$1500 CDN!!!