GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by bbroecker37

1. B

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Today I took the intake manifold off to replace all 4 injectors. One injector was stuck open and needed to be replaced. I found it strange that the injector went out at only 75K miles. While I was there I did a carbon cleaning. I did it all by hand but I think it came out great. Also, the...
  2. B

Autotech HPFP failed?

Hey guys, just wanted to update you. I determined the HPFP was not the issue. Before I went to install the new HPFP I did more research and the issue sounded more like a stuck injector. I took the spark plugs out again and looked into each cylinder with a light. Had someone open the driver's...
  3. B

Autotech HPFP failed?

Over the weekend my car died while I was driving it. At first the idle was terrible and it had no power. I pulled over into the median and it stalled. The car would crank over but never fire. crazy enough, no CEL turned on. I ended up having to push my car off the road. Thankfully someone was...
  4. B

Yes, all done with rattle cans. Automotive touch-up adhesion promoter, Black base coat and spray max 2k clear coat.
  5. B

Over the weekend I DIY repainted the panoramic sunroof trim. I think it came out great. It took me a couple of days to sand off the old clearcoat by hand. I then wet sanded the orange peel until it was flat and cut and polished the clear coat. She's ready for AVF!
  6. B

Southeast US Owners - Love Bugs

Here in Tampa, the love bugs are out. They're the worst. Last weekend my car was covered in them after I just washed my car. I was heading to the Urotuning cars and Coffee and I was trying to keep it clean. I used some waterless car wash spray to clean them off but it takes a lot of effort. It's...
  7. B

Superpro lower control arms with added caster - Alignment concerns

Thanks for your help, I'll take it back and see what they say. I do have the lifetime warranty with them but I feel they aren't the best. I'll also look around for a different shop that is more reputable. As for the lowering springs. What other components should be changed? I'm also curious how...
  8. B

I see, The last time I got an alignment was with the stock control arms everything was in the green. This was with the deadset kit installed. I did get rear-ended after the original alignment was done but I don't think that would change anything in the front end. The car was driving straight...
  9. B

I just installed Superpro control arms with positive caster and Racingline lowering springs. I got an alignment done and I'm concerned something might be wrong. I got the sheet back from the shop and the caster on the left is off by .6 degrees compared to the right. Also noticed the car was...
  10. B

Ticking noise from headliner

Ever since I bought this car two years ago I've been noticing a random ticking noise coming from the headliner that has been driving me crazy. I pretty much fixed all the interior rattles except this one. I have the sunroof and it appears to be coming from the area between the sunroof and the...
  11. B

Golf R Springs on GTI

Just an FYI, I bought some secondhand Racingline lowering springs meant for the Golf R. I installed them on my GTI and the drop looks perfect. Both the front and rear are on the same level.
  12. B

DCC Strut replacement options

I installed the Racingline lowering springs this past weekend with the stock DCC struts. The installation wasn't too bad. I did not use the 2x4 method. I ended up removing the knuckle with the strut still installed. After I installed the springs I recalibrated the DCC suspension using OBD11. I...
  13. B

An oh S*** moment, epc light on, cil flashing, car running on hardly no cylinders.

I had a similar experience. Yesterday when I was merging onto the highway. I was wide open throttle since nobody was around and out of nowhere EPC and Check engine light started flashing. The car was also running like crap and shaking. I pulled off the highway and the car almost felt like it was...
  14. B

Do you use lowering springs with the B4s by chance? And yes the stock setup uses Monroes. I assume the B4s + lowering springs + DCC recalibration should give me as close to stock ride quality as possible while having a lower vehicle. I also was thinking that the B6s might help with wheel hop...
  15. B

The B4s are the same as the stock setup with DCC. They have the valves.