GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Arronleeds

1. A

Flywheel / trans mount problem

so, cars rebooked in for 20th may, the technician said hes never heard anything like it, hes adamant its not the flywheel and said "it literally sounds like a bag of spanners rolling around in your gearbox" once its been and fixed i will update you further, hopefully it fixes the vibration too.
  2. A

So… they need to Remove the gearbox and want me to pay £660 if they can’t find an issue, I replicated the issue with the technician and he instantly said “we don’t even need to test drive this”, I feel like they’re going to blame it on wear and tear, what angers me the most is the wait times...
  3. A

Nothing yet mate, replaced gearbox mount did absolutely nothing, car is booked in with vw on the 30th
  4. A

Hi mate, after sending the video of the issue I’m having to a few people one of them asked do I get vibration on overrun, they do believe the issue is the dual mass flywheel, I have sent an email to both vw/seat kicking off saying if they don’t sort it Il be taking further action
  5. A

I have been having this issue since I bought the car when coming to a stop I get a chattering from the gearbox, I have been fobbed off twice by the dealer and a friend of mine knows an ex vw technician who’s adamant it’s my flywheel. Let’s see what vw have to say about it on my third trip.
  6. A

it is very strange, i thought maybe fuel line rattle but it isnt that.
  7. A

i had my dsg serviced by vw and it didnt change anything, i just find it weird how its a specific rpm range, i almost feel like it could be the exhaust resonating. i do actually have a gearbox issue that vw/seat are blatantly fobbing me off with.
  8. A

after some research some are saying its the engine mounts, just find it weird how its a specific rpm and only does it if i plant it then let off.
  9. A

I am having this issue with my cupra 290, It only happens between 2-3000 rpm and only when I let off after accelerating briskly, If I accelerate normal and let off it doesn’t do it, does it in all gears too and is 100% rpm dependant
  10. A

Noise around 2.5~3k rpm

Completely stock 2.0 tsi (cupra 290) this forum is useful so I ask in here too Car is only on 42k miles and have noticed it since I purchased it in January on 37k
  11. A

vibration between 2000-3000 rpm when letting off the throttle

so I have noticed that if im driving quite fast and let off the throttle around 2800rpm i get a vibration through the car, it doesnt happen if im driving in a normal manner and only happens in this rpm range regardless of the gear im in, it goes away when it gets to around 2000 rpm and i can...
  12. A

Noise around 2.5~3k rpm

sorry to revive an old thread, did you also feel a vibration with this? i get a vibration when letting off between 2500-3000rpm when letting off, i have to accelerate fast for it to do it, otherwise doesnt happen.
  13. A

dq381 noise, has anyone ever heard anything like this?

Issue is I can replicate it by reversing and blipping throttle quite hard, can also replicate it by revving it in drive while stationary, it’s barely noticeable when slowing to a stop like you mentioned only really when the music is off
  14. A

ive demanded that they let me show a technician next time, rather than letting them fob me off.
  15. A

And as always in typical fashion, “we can’t find an issue sir” I took the car off them and guess what, I replicated it easily. Absolute cowboys main dealers.