GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by arres

1. A

Thermostat housing and water pump fail.

Had mine replaced under warranty with 40k in March 2019. I’m now at 62k miles and leaking again. Slowly, but the light will come on. I’ve never seen the thermostat move from the middle. I’m going to have it replaced again, unfortunately I’m outside warranty so I’ll need to pay this time...
  2. A

***** Official Southern California Spotted Thread *****

Yeah those are what I meant. Well another 40/year on top of, what, $300 isn’t bad. One place where CT is more expensive than CA is property taxes on autos. It’s based on a mill rate which each town has, and factors in the value is your car. I was laying $700/year on that, and $80/2 years on...
  3. A

Silver trim of driver’s window switch comes out!

Those cheap eBay options are, well, cheap and coming from China. If I’m to swap it out, I’ll get the genuine part from one of two places: - cheaper than from a VW dealer, but is overseas: https://m.oemvwshop.com/5g0959857c-wzu-switch-for-electric-window-regulator-satin-black-alum-p921563/ -...
  4. A

That’s a thought I had. Just a small amount. I don’t want to create a mess of spreading that shit everywhere pushing the trim back into the switch. so I was curious if it was always glued in? edit: at the same time I found that entire module available on eBay for $15. Not sure if it’s German...
  5. A

I’m not sure when and how this happened, but maybe shortly after moving to SoCal. I’m wondering if those trims are just glued in and that glue melted? For a while I thought maybe my garage had fixed it because it didn’t pop out for a good month or so, but, it’s back 😞
  6. A

***** Official Southern California Spotted Thread *****

If you see a blue MK7 R in San Diego area with CT plates, that’s me! I really need to get CA registration/license. CT has CA beat, at least with the R, when it comes to taxes. anyone have the black vanity plate? I don’t want a vanity message, but I love how that plate would look against the blue.
  7. A

FS: San Diego. Audi A3 E-tron 17x7.5 OEM Wheels w/ Snow Tires $1000 OBO. Local Pickup Only

Follow to the quoted post above for photos!
  8. A

Socal FS/ FT/ WTB Thread

FS: Audi A3 E-tron 17x7.5 OEM Wheels w/ Snow Tires Location: San Diego Part Number: 8V0601025CB $1000 $750 OBO I have the original Audi center caps, as well as VW center caps (in both silver and black) as these were on my VW Golf R. 1 wheel has some minor curb rash, but the other 3 are pretty...
  9. A

Help deciding on summer wheels..

Hello all, So I'm going to see my stock 19" Cadiz wheels/tires, and thinking about what to get for next year. This is where I would like some of your suggestions. Here's what my limits are: Diameter: 18" Width: 8" (with a lower offset ~32mm) 8.5" (with a higher offset ~47mm) Price...
  10. A

Paint Peeled off Pinch Welds

Is this to be of concern? With this lead to rust, or should I not worry about the pinch welds? I got a jack pad cut for a pinch weld off eBay, and after a couple of uses the paint stripped off on the driver side (see pics) I'm assuming it's ok, as most other pinch welds I've encountered aren't...
  11. A

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Thank you. Cherry is probably as dark as I personally would go. Wouldn't want to sacrifice safety potentially with a more tinted tail light. Though I'll just have to see side-by-side comparisons to see if that's even an issue. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. A

What color are the USA OEM tails? For GTI/R (if they're different) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. A

Nice and subtle. I dig it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. A

From AliExpress? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. A

Yes I ordered a 5" plate off amazon, one recommended on a thread somewhere: Astro 4607 5" PU Velcro Backing Pad https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003CH3Z8W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_2vocybAYNAD2C Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk