GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by afman916

1. A

Cobb AP dynos/pro tune thread?

Thanks man will do! Also, along those lines - is there anywhere where I can find the charts for IS20 vs IS38? I've been trying to find a representative chart from each with similar mods (DP and intercooler most importantly) but charts are scattered around and I haven't quite been finding what...
  2. A

I really need to do this. Like, really need to. I've posted on FB pages a few times but can't seem to find anyone local, granted I'm most interested in riding in an IS38-swapped GTI just so it's EXACTLY what I'd be looking at doing... Does anyone know an NC-based IS38-swapped GTI? Hell I'd...
  3. A

These two quotes pretty much encapsulate why I'm inclined to go with a true blue protune. I'd like for the tune to be specific to my car and my driving style... So it sounds like an in-person (or "live") dyno tune is about the only way to go about this? Seems like I either grab an OTS and be...
  4. A

For the sake of the conversation - IS20 on good pump 93 w/ DP, intercooler, TIP, K&N drop-in. Are we talking 5-15 hp/tq difference b/w OTS and protune or 30-40?
  5. A

The number of times I waver on this is mind-boggling. I just always run across someone who's recently done even an IS38 swap that says "some of the low-end punch is gone but it more than makes up for it on the top end!". Trouble is, I'm the opposite. Give me more low-end haha. Get me to...
  6. A

Good to know as I shop around... So this has got me thinking though, on a $/hp scale - is protuning really "worth" it if judged solely by that metric? Obviously you can't discount the safety factor in having your car tuned to it's specs and parameters, and I'm in no way discrediting protuning...
  7. A

10-4, thanks again. What's a reasonable per hour rate on a dyno these days? ~$100?
  8. A

Thanks for all the info guys! So dyno tuning saves some time but I'd need to factor in a few hours on the dyno...
  9. A

Is there any advantage to etune vs live tuning on a dyno? Assuming with etune I just log a couple 3-4 pulls, send in, tweak, rinse and repeat a few times? Whereas live dyno I reserve time at a local shop, then FaceTime or similar Ed and he makes corrections in real time? Is there an inherent...
  10. A

Sucks to hear man, but also good to know that even a 93 tune is noticeably stronger than what I can achieve with my JB4.
  11. A

Exactly what I wanted to hear. I'm thinking this will be a nice stop gap for the next 6 months or so. Are you running a 93 or E30 file? My plan is to offload JB4, get AP with a 93 protune, run that for a while, then after that starts feeling "normal" pony up for an E30 file. Then when that gets...
  12. A

Thanks ya'll. Welcome any additional dynos for posterity's sake too haha. Assuming there's a noticeable butt dyno difference going from (Stage 2) Map 6 JB4 to protune AP?
  13. A

Is there a comprehensive thread with AccessPort dynos/pro tune results somewhere that I'm missing? I think I found one last night but last post was well over a year ago. Bottom line is I'm trying to get a sense of what the max levels are when sticking to IS20, on both E30 and 93. Thinking of...
  14. A

Coolant Leak Questions

I’ll keep this short as I’m just trying to get some opinions on diagnosis and next steps for the situation I’m in... Driving around Saturday and hear ominous chime accompanied by Coolant Low warning on dash. Get home, check coolant - well below Min marking. Can see some coolant pooled at bottom...
  15. A

2016 SE Head Unit Upgrade

So I've been kicking around the idea of upgrading the head unit (or interface, whatever it's called these days) in my 2016 SE. From what I can gather reading posts, I have two options: Upgrade to a larger 8" screen from 2017/18, which is more or less a direct swap. All in pricing $600-$800...