GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by 240GTI

1. 2

What is the obsession with warranties?

I don't want to pay for a repair that only exists because the manufacturer cheaped out i.e. the leaking thermostat issue due to plastic housing. Also a plastic oil pan? Turbo waste gate actuator getting stuck? I understand it's a $25k car but some things are just questionable.
  2. 2

sold

Pm'd
  3. 2

oil level sensor and bottom oil pan leak help

Fro what it's worth, if you get the steel pan replacement, the Tiguan rubber gasket is a direct fit. I would go that route instead of RTV.
  4. 2

URO Parts Aluminum Oil Pan

Thanks for the reply and cautionary tale. Hope all works out for ya.
  5. 2

URO Parts Aluminum Oil Pan

Morricus, checking in to see if the aluminum pan has held up? I was debating going steel with the Tiguan gasket or aluminum like you did. Also I would think the aluminum pan offered some cooling vs steel/plastic, have you seen any difference while tracking?
  6. 2

SOLD: GTi Cobb AP w/ DSG - EQT, Stratified, MAP - $750

Pic of part number for your AP? Per: Cobb's site
  7. 2

OEM 8" MIB 2.5 (MK7.5) Display

For those who already installed, does the proximity sensor still work when you reach for the screen?
  8. 2

How to Change Front Turn Signal Bulbs LEDs DeAutoKey

Just wanna say thanks. Bought a set of front LEDs for my GTI and they work great. Daytime brightness equal to stock but def brighter at night which was perfect. They are finally in sync with side mirror LEDs! Also thanks for the Airhead surprise lol
  9. 2

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Hahaha, I'm stock so maybe that'll help? Put them on since the lady kept downshifting when driving the car.
  10. 2

Got it from eBay. Looks like the seller 3d prints them. Definitely not cheap, but the quality is good and there was some weight to the paddles before install. Name is nczworks.
  11. 2

New around here, but just installed some new paddle shifters! They light up with the interior as well, stoked to try them out at night.