GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Motive Bleeder users—are you bleeding at the recommended 2 bar (30 psi)? My black label motive starts leaking at the master cylinder at around 20psi

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Motive Bleeder users—are you bleeding at the recommended 2 bar (30 psi)? My black label motive starts leaking at the master cylinder at around 20psi
My black cap does fine up to 30 psi.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
I must have ordered the wrong kit, but my kit bottomed out on the fluid reservoir before the lid actually sealed on the filler neck.

I had to get crafty and trim the blender cap to get a proper seal.

Probably makes better sense explaining that in my head.

Last edited:

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
I currently running Motul 5.1 brake fluid and am getting ready to install the Macan calipers. Car is mostly daily drive with goals of the occasional HPDE. I just noticed how cheap Liqui Moly 5.1 is on FCP. Any thoughts?

Brian_

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 R
I currently running Motul 5.1 brake fluid and am getting ready to install the Macan calipers. Car is mostly daily drive with goals of the occasional HPDE. I just noticed how cheap Liqui Moly 5.1 is on FCP. Any thoughts?
Both are basically right at the DOT 5.1 spec so probably no real difference as far as performance. Either should be acceptable for starting out in HPDE as long as it's fresh and the system is well bled since their performance is pretty close to the old favorite ATE 200.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Why not RBF600? They sell it at FCP.

Also, if you run out and need some in a pinch, RBF600 and RBF660 are sold at most motorcycle shops. This is handy for me, as I procrastinate a lot and I end up running up the street the day before an event.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Why not RBF600? They sell it at FCP.

Also, if you run out and need some in a pinch, RBF600 and RBF660 are sold at most motorcycle shops. This is handy for me, as I procrastinate a lot and I end up running up the street the day before an event.

Good to know motorcycle shops have it. I dunno how quick FCP is, but RBF600 is available on Amazon with next day delivery.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Good to know motorcycle shops have it. I dunno how quick FCP is, but RBF600 is available on Amazon with next day delivery.
They won't be next day but I find they ship quickly in general. Also...free lifetime replacement which is why you with FCP...

BasicGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Hi everyone, I’m still having noise issues with this set up. I have done pretty much everything I could to mitigate it but made no difference. I’m very close to switching back to PP brakes or trying the TTS set up.

I tried, new pads (3 different sets), I tried different discs, I tried a few different types of greases, I tried loads od grease, I tried no grease(this was better), I tried titanium anti squeal shims, I cleaned out both callipers and put them back together.

I also don’t seem to be having any paddle issues everyone seems to be having, mine feel almost same as my PP brakes even after i removed all of the VCDS tweeks.

Is there anything I can try next, I like a the look and the performance of these brakes a lot so would be a shame to get rid of them.

Any ideas please throw them at me.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Hi everyone, I’m still having noise issues with this set up. I have done pretty much everything I could to mitigate it but made no difference. I’m very close to switching back to PP brakes or trying the TTS set up.

I tried, new pads (3 different sets), I tried different discs, I tried a few different types of greases, I tried loads od grease, I tried no grease(this was better), I tried titanium anti squeal shims, I cleaned out both callipers and put them back together.

I also don’t seem to be having any paddle issues everyone seems to be having, mine feel almost same as my PP brakes even after i removed all of the VCDS tweeks.

Is there anything I can try next, I like a the look and the performance of these brakes a lot so would be a shame to get rid of them.

Quit throwing money at them. All that time, effort, and $$$ I’d have moved on by now.

Doesn’t answer your question though. Maybe upgrade your stereo?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

Which pins are you using?

The Porsche pins seem to be the correct length. Those that came with my power stop pads are too short.

Last edited: