GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Left Lane Campers

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I was on I35 in Texas in the 93 Corrado and a black LX 5.0 Mustang pulled up beside me and kept trying to get me to race him, there was no traffic, so we ran from 70 up to 130 then backed down to 60 ish. Did another run up 130. We get back to legal speeds, he rolled down the window, I see his police uniform, he turns on his lights, gives me the thumbs up and sped off.

Texas.

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Definitely worth noting 6 of the 14 points i've accrued in my driving career were directly caused by left lane campers / idiotic drivers boxing me in and driving me so crazy that the moment i get an opening i punch it, and a cop saw it. they are not understanding of the struggle, despite their own experience with it all day everyday.

just wanna take this moment to say FTP / ACAB <3

In my older age, I've become more patient and know not to rip past them as in the past, that's when I would get caught (Or not of you can outrun them, but that never happened 😉)

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I was on I35 in Texas in the 93 Corrado and a black LX 5.0 Mustang pulled up beside me and kept trying to get me to race him, there was no traffic, so we ran from 70 up to 130 then backed down to 60 ish. Did another run up 130. We get back to legal speeds, he rolled down the window, I see his police uniform, he turns on his lights, gives me the thumbs up and sped off.

Texas.

Niiiiiice. Still love those Mustang coupes (more than the hatch)

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Driving down the highway (96 Civic), stuck behind 3 cars going the 65 speed limit. Finally get some space so floor it and get up to 115 or so. Another car, (can't remember what it was but it was black too, maybe a probe) was following and although there wasn't traffic, there were cars out. See a cop and move into the middle lane and let off the gas.

I still get pulled over. Young cop comes up to the window with the usual
"you know why I pulled you over"
"Not at all. Is everything ok?"
"Clocked you at 107"
Me looking at the speedometer in shock "in this thing, sure it wasn't the black probe that passed me?"
Cop taken aback "hold on. Let me double-check" and goes back to his car
Comes back "I'm sorry. Must have got the wrong car"
Me grinning like a Cheshire cat inside. "No problem"

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
When you run around [metaphorically] shouting: "look at me!"

Sometimes you attract unwanted attention.
lol, so we shouldn't buy red cars?

My buddy had same car in white and rarely got pulled over with it unless he did something outright obnoxious or obvious. I know, everything I mentioned sounds like look at me, but the car came that way...

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
The car in my avatar got me pulled over so much. Red, 15% tint, loud exhaust, big subwoofer, and also had black wheels at some point...At least 4-5 times were just for window tint. One guy pulled me over as I was exiting the gate to my neighborhood. He said my exhaust was too loud, so I got a warning for that and never left my house until the SAI quit after that. My carbon gray mk6 had the same % window tint and I had both of those cars for 6 years. I never got pulled over for tint in my mk6. It was dumber things like a cop that said I didn't stop at a stop sign when I definitely did, but there was a car between him and me so he couldn't see me. Then one time I never got a renewal notice and forgot my mom was first on my registration. She co-signed for me and my registration went by her birthdate, so I was 2 months expired and had no idea. The only other time I got pulled over with that car was in my post a few comments up. That red car got pulled over probably about a dozen times.

I was pulled over at least once every 2 weeks with the Srt. To the point I was scared to leave the house. They would get me for anything, just to give me, no seat belt tickets or whatever. Mostly non-point tickets. Eventually it got into actually busting me for the speed and I nearly had 12 points on the license and had to go to court. Somehow I didn't lose my license, paid a boat load in surcharges and eventually sold the car. Despite all that, I never had more fun in a car than with that thing.

To your point, when I eventually got a carbon steel grey mk6, I had 20% tints on it, was only pulled over for speeding once on the highway with it (no ticket), and then once with the cop telling me my license plate wasn't in the right spot (no ticket). Had the car for almost 8 years... Had the SRt4 for 3 years, lol.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

My buddy had same car in white and rarely got pulled over with it unless he did something outright obnoxious or obvious. I know, everything I mentioned sounds like look at me, but the car came that way...
My 996 and 986 S were red and I rarely got pulled over in them. Made a high speed run from FL to CT without getting pulled over once in the 986, which is surprising, because I figured the cops would assume it was a hot chick driving. :ROFLMAO:

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
My 996 and 986 S were red and I rarely got pulled over in them. Made a high speed run from FL to CT without getting pulled over once in the 986, which is surprising, because I figured the cops would assume it was a hot chick driving. :ROFLMAO:
In 2019 I was driving home (Philly) from a concert in Florida, and the average flow rate on 95N in SC/NC was 85-90. It was sublime

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport

More like, if you're gonna be noticeable for speeding it's better to blend in with the crowd than to stand out even among the speeders.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
More like, if you're gonna be noticeable for speeding it's better to blend in with the crowd than to stand out even among the speeders.

Yes, that is true, but it is still lame. Like, obviously they will go for the one that stands out more. Again, I consider that car racism! All of us were guilty!

He didn't have to talk about the laser though and just get to the point, lol.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
This must mean no high speed chases. Not, no speed enforcement.
nope. Our shop is in an industrial park, there was an attempted takeover, we called the cops, they sent one little baby cop. He told us they can't chase people. like, if he sees you punch a lady in the face, he cannot pursue you if you don't stop when he says stop. That's how it was explained to us. I'm not saying to speed or be an asshole, just saying, around here, stopping kinda became optional.