GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Years?

Wat?

:lol:

LOL....well since it's on a lease, most people do that type of thing to try out new cars every 3 years or so. That being said, I was wondering since he is enjoying the car so much if he would be willing to actually take the buy out on the lease when the lease is up or does he see himself getting into another ride - another brand or so.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
no video right now so a short update. i have been testing my rev3 Bren map the last couple days. The very first time I tried it, I hated it. The throttle felt more heavy and bogged down, like it didn't want to rev. But it's possible that was a glitch in the first install process, so i re-installed it again. This 3rd rev has the same stock pedal action I like, and the top end is very strong. On the previous map, you would feel a surge/jump of boost at about 4500rpm where it would increase power a lot all of a sudden. on this rev 3, you don't get that changeover, it just stays strong smoothly with no interruptions. I feel like the boost ramps up just a hair later on this rev 3 which is not my preference. but the top end is stronger than ever, ALL the way to redline. but just like my GTI's, i don't redline all day long in ever gear, and i would preer some added power lower down, than a huge redline power range. For personal feel and fun, i still like my rev 1 map the most, but i guess it isnt as safe for the engine as a smoother map is.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
So much for the break in :laugh:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
So much for the break in :laugh:

1000 miles is 1000 miles bro.

think ill put my rev 1 map on today and do the same cluster tests. we can see if its really any faster or not.

7000 subscribers surpassed overnight.

Last edited:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
oh wow.

www.iwsti.com used to be pretty good. find my old journal on there ;)

DAT GS!

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I was waiting for the car to blow up... sadly it didn't