GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

General Car, Inferior or Superior Interior, & Eternal Mullet Barge Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zillon

Go Kart Champion

Uh oh. NEEK's making a move into high-class mullet territory.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
This. Is it really hard though? I've tried it once... the other night when I did it in the Miata, and it was 100% successful.

That's funny about your dad and heal toeing though, mine is the same way... He looked at me like I was crazy when I mentioned it and he's been driving manual for 45 years.

It's easier to do in low-powered cars. I could successfully do it in my e30. Higher powered cars, I find the revs climb far faster than I can shift. No bueno.

My dad's always driven manual transmission cars...never tried heel/toe, but he's also never been on a track with turns.

Does your ATS have a roundel doe?

Dat laurel wreath doe...

I like this. A lot.

Uh oh. NEEK's making a move into high-class mullet territory.

:laugh:

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
The wheels definitely do. Also, the orange drives me insane because the interior trim is red, and I think having those 2 colors looks bad..

I didn't realize they still did this. Never mind then, it would drive me nuts too. The seats are probably pretty good though. My friend has an '06 Si and the seats feel great.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
19 GolfR, 19 911 GTS
GUYS OMG

There's a Caddilac... THAT'S ACTUALLY A CORVETTE.

Where you been?

:)

The XLR was really pretty nice if you got the supercharged one, but didn't sell very well and the price point was pretty high at about $100k.

From Wikipedia:

Calendar Year/Total American sales
2003 875
2004 3,665
2005 3,730
2006 3,203
2007 1,750
2008 1,250
2009 787
2010 188
2011 12
Grand Total: 15,460

WAP

Go Kart Champion
So the ladyfriend is kinda sorta half entertaining the idea of a new car. She likes the new V6 Accord Coupe, but that shit is expensive... $33K for a Honda? Maybe Civic Si but I can't imagine her wanting to drive manual daily. I was thinking maybe a GLI or Jetta, but turbo reliability in the long term is somewhat iffy, not to mention the hard to resist temptation to get a quick tune.

Mazda 6? Or 3?

No photo... But XLR.

Yeppers.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
I kinda like the XLR a lot haha

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Maybe, I haven't really had much firsthand experience with Mazda to be honest. I will say that for daily cars, her and I are both huge Honda fanboiz.

Both the 6 and 3 are solid choices and win top honors from the press. Really fun rides with great MPG. As a "BMW person" I think you'll appreciate what they offer.

I had an 06 Mazda3 and it was one of my favorite cars. The new current gen 3 is a contender for my next vehicle purchase.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Yea and the XLR doesn't have an LS motor god knows for what reason... and IMO is ugly as sin.

Status
Not open for further replies.