GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia's Build Thread With A Boring Title Currently

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Lucky peeps...... I'm in the non fun state and can not partake.........I miss those days when I didn't care.....

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Lucky peeps...... I'm in the non fun state and can not partake.........I miss those days when I didn't care.....
Could be worse. You could be in the fun state and still not be able to partake because you're job hunting and need to piss in a cup.

Love working for companies that work alongside federal agencies!

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I forgot all about that. A few of my certifications are federaly governed.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
It’s not my bag, but living in a state that allows isn’t all it’s cracked up to be, of course, I’m the wrong person to ask. The constant stench of it makes me gag. Can’t walk into a convenience store without having at least one person waft past me in a cloud like PigPen. Even when I did smoke, god I’m old, I didn’t care for the smell.

Then there’s the issue of driving while high. We got into a hit and run with people who were definitely high and had they actually been sober, they may have prevented the accident by actually swerving.

I guess driving past the dispensaries in foul weather and seeing everyone standing outside is rather humorous though.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
I want Quickjacks.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
For oil changes and tire Rotations?

You think my car gets jacked up for oil changes, like I'm some kind of peasant? All 4 tires stay on the ground for those...

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Common sense and logical thinking will not be tolerated here good sir!!!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
And you kidding me? I had to talk myself down from seeing if I could make a low profile MaxJack work in my garage...

Fr fr no cap, my car still goes up enough. Not to mention my garage is kind of an unofficial work center for anybody in the area who wants it. @dtfd's car has been on jack stands in my garage more times than I can count. @messrock's car has been. @mwoodski's car has been. My buddy's S3 has been.

They'd definitely get their use.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I thought my mk6 was the easiest. Put one right at the control arm bushing and the other at the rear pinch weld. I've been using the subframe on my rs3, but I liked using the control arm more.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
And you kidding me? I had to talk myself down from seeing if I could make a low profile MaxJack work in my garage...

Fr fr no cap, my car still goes up enough. Not to mention my garage is kind of an unofficial work center for anybody in the area who wants it. @dtfd's car has been on jack stands in my garage more times than I can count. @messrock's car has been. @mwoodski's car has been. My buddy's S3 has been.

How did you jack the car up for suspension work?

Explain like I'm dumb if possible.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI

Maybe if you build out that garage and make space of all that unused driveway space we can get all the boys together to chip something in for a real lift..........

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
How did you jack the car up for suspension work?

Explain like I'm dumb if possible.
The jack doesn't lift the car by the tires, it lifts it by the same jack points that you would normally have your jackstands on.

So......exactly the same way I guess is the answer?

Unless you're asking about pre-loading the suspension before torquing?