GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia's Build Thread With A Boring Title Currently

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
@Acadia18 Can you tap and hold your finger on the Menu button to enter Service mode, then tap Function enabling codes, and then tap Installed codes? Would like to see what your unit has on it.

(this is probably not going to help with the driving profiles but will give us an idea of what the seller did with their patch)

PXL_20230627_010402343.jpg

PXL_20230627_010410700.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
Got my drive mode button working, thanks @Cuzoe.

Long coding -> Byte 19 Rear View Low -> Activated

Theoretically, if this didn't enable the rear view camera, where else should I look/do? 🤣

This is what comes up when I put it in reverse.

PXL_20230627_010542607.jpg

brentgti

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Theoretically, if this didn't enable the rear view camera, where else should I look/do? 🤣
Hmm... beyond the 5F module, I think the rear view camera requires 76 - Parking Assistant -> Long coding -> Byte Index 2 -> Bit 4 to be enabled. However, you only changed 5F so I imagine that is already enabled.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I believe that's all that will come up if the video feed isn't present from the camera. But there's no reason your video feed shouldn't be there. Want to double check byte 19 🤣.

@brentgti is correct on both things about the parking module. But rear view camera doesn't even require parking module and like he said you didn't change that so it shouldn't be the issue.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
Yeah, they're both F4 value.

This shows my current byte 19 info.

Screenshot_20230626-214909.png

This is from the backup screenshot yesterday.

Screenshot_20230626-181714.png

brentgti

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
So full disclosure, I had the same thing happen to me. I do not think I made any coding changes to resolve it but I will go through my change logs.

If I recall correctly, I was annoyed since the coding was correct, unplugged the Quadlock connector and checked that everything looked engaged properly, plugged the Quadlock back in, rebooted the infotainment unit, cleared the dash faults by turning the wheel all the way left, right, and back to normal (I had disconnected the battery so the faults resulted from that), and then it magically worked after a drive. I know it is likely less than useful to hear about some bizarre sequence of events that may have coincidentally occurred before my reverse cam started working after a similar problem, but you never know 🤷‍♂️

Do you have any faults in any modules that mention the camera if you do a full scan?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Do you have the full scan from the new 5F? There are some adaptations that have to deal with a high line reverse camera. Highline didn't come factory on any MK7 but I don't know what would happen if those adaptations were set as if you had a highline camera.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
Do you have the full scan from the new 5F? There are some adaptations that have to deal with a high line reverse camera. Highline didn't come factory on any MK7 but I don't know what would happen if those adaptations were set as if you had a highline camera.

I do. I compared them both and made a few other changes, but didn't see anything about a highlight camera. If you want to take a look...

5F backup from the NEW unit

5F backup from the OLD unit

The backup from the new unit was before I made any changes. But even out of the box, it had the same byte 19 value.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
Weirdly enough, when I turn on the car, it does say "ParkPilot is currently not available". This is before putting it in gear or anything. Just pops up automatically.

1687833128117.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
Got it.

PXL_20230627_024238563.jpg

While I was going through and comparing the coding, anything the new unit had 'activated' but my old unit had 'not activated', I didn't touch. I figured hey, if it wanted to give me extra features, I'd let it. But @Cuzoe's comment about the high camera made me rethink that.

Changed VPS_0x0B from 'activated' to 'not activated' and camera works fine now. Confirmed by swapping it back and forth a few times that's what was causing it.

Big thanks again to both of you. I can't sleep right if something isn't right with my car, so that would have driven me crazy.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
No idea what VPS_0x0B is, but whatevs.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
Also got the updated knob and boot in. The knob looks fantastic. Boot is trash quality. Our leather isn't anything to write home about to begin with, but this is just cheap pleather. I might end up buying the OEM one.