GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia's Build Thread With A Boring Title Currently

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I believe brown is SiriusXM. Any non North American Region unit will not have this plug. Fender amp is on the MOST (fiber optic bus). I would suspect this unit is currently coded to use the internal amp.

That's going to be Byte 11...
01 - speaker-level out from the head unit. Probably this currently.
02 - digital out via MOST Needs to be this.
03 - line-level out to amplifier

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
Thanks. I was kinda hoping that was the one for the satellite radio receiver, since I know those don't have it. I'll check that out, I'm doing the full backup of the new unit now and can go through it. As it stands out of the box, I just need the audio to work for me to be happy.

I'll ask you this since you're familiar with these 9.2" screen setups, is there a way to change what it defaults to on the "Home" button? It defaults to Nav, want it to go to App Connect. (I can poke around Google too if you're unsure).

brentgti

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Thanks. I was kinda hoping that was the one for the satellite radio receiver, since I know those don't have it. I'll check that out, I'm doing the full backup of the new unit now and can go through it. As it stands out of the box, I just need the audio to work for me to be happy.

I'll ask you this since you're familiar with these 9.2" screen setups, is there a way to change what it defaults to on the "Home" button? It defaults to Nav, want it to go to App Connect. (I can poke around Google too if you're unsure).
I am not sure about changing the Home button default, but mine remembers the last screen I was on. So if I am using App Connect and turn off the car, but then turn the car back on, I am back on the App Connect screen. If you are frequently using the radio or adjusting settings, I could see how switching to App Connect could get annoying.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Don't think so... but if I shut the car off with the Android Auto running it starts up with Android Auto running. Edit: beaten to the punch by @brentgti

Home always goes to a screen with factory nav as the main (left side) and two smaller (right side) window. These can be changed to what you want (radio station, phone favorites, traffic alerts if you had XM, satellites, think blue, etc).

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
Got sound.

Updated some coding, broke something. It would freeze on the startup screen with the VW/R Logo. Changed stuff back, back in business.

How do I get my rear view camera back now?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
You guys are the GOATs.

I'm not at my computer to be able to go through the coding side by side, so you're making it easy.

OK, LAST ONE ASKING TO BE SERVED ON A SILVER PLATTER!

My drive mode button doesn't work, so I can't bring up the menu to change drive modes. You guys have an answer for that too?

brentgti

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I might to have to lean on @Cuzoe for this...this one might venture into FEC and SWaP land. Let me look at my coding to see if it jumps out, but I did not have to code this with my swap.

Edit: this was solved through coding and luckily was not FEC and SWaP land.

Last edited:

brentgti

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
@Acadia18 Can you tap and hold your finger on the Menu button to enter Service mode, then tap Function enabling codes, and then tap Installed codes? Would like to see what your unit has on it.

(this is probably not going to help with the driving profiles but will give us an idea of what the seller did with their patch)

Last edited:

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Adaptations...

ENG122227-ENG117571-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_charismaactivated
ENG122227-ENG117575-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_charisma_after_disclaimernot activated
ENG122227-ENG117572-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_charisma_clamp_15_offnot activated
ENG122227-ENG117573-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_charisma_over_threshold_highactivated
ENG122227-ENG117574-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_charisma_standstillactivated

and

ENG122229-ENG117736-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-charisma_0x17activated
ENG122229-ENG117737-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-charisma_0x17_msg_busComfort data bus

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Does your digital dash show the selected driving mode? If not...

19 - Gateway, long coding, Byte 8 Bit 4... Display for Drive Program Function in Instrument Cluster active

I can't remember if there is something additional to change in the instrument cluster coding, feels like there is but I'll have to look it up if the above doesn't work by itself.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
@Acadia18 Can you tap and hold your finger on the Menu button to enter Service mode, then tap Function enabling codes, and then tap Installed codes? Would like to see what your unit has on it.

(this is probably not going to help with the driving profiles but will give us an idea of what the seller did with their patch)

Can do. Taking a break for dinner, then will jump back in and post that for you.

Adaptations...

ENG122227-ENG117571-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_charismaactivated
ENG122227-ENG117575-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_charisma_after_disclaimernot activated
ENG122227-ENG117572-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_charisma_clamp_15_offnot activated
ENG122227-ENG117573-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_charisma_over_threshold_highactivated
ENG122227-ENG117574-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_charisma_standstillactivated

and

ENG122229-ENG117736-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-charisma_0x17activated
ENG122229-ENG117737-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-charisma_0x17_msg_busComfort data bus

Does your digital dash show the selected driving mode? If not...

19 - Gateway, long coding, Byte 8 Bit 4... Display for Drive Program Function in Instrument Cluster active

I can't remember if there is something additional to change in the instrument cluster coding, feels like there is but I'll have to look it up if the above doesn't work by itself.

giphy (2).gif

Both of you!

When I attempted my own coding I managed to freeze the unit 🤣

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
It won't show in the cluster at all times, but will show for a couple seconds when you change modes.

You've got a facelift car... please tell me you have custom colors for each driving mode?