GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia's Build Thread With A Boring Title Currently

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Renrubecir can just order his own off AliExpress :ROFLMAO:
reminds me of a story i read on here the other day of someone eating a sandwhich while two jetta owners go at it with eachother

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
🤣 Better idea, I’ll send you mine. You order me another one. Then sell the alacantra one to Renrubecir for Instagram reseller prices. Profit $$$

One I have coming is full leather, no alcantara. While I'm a fan of alcantara, I'd never want it on a steering wheel, and would hate that it doesn't match since nothing else in the car is alcantara :ROFLMAO:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
Got the $1.65 side skirts in.

1646429800544.png

They're not bad if that's your thing. If you like eBayifying your car, they're a good buy for $1.65. I'll do a test fit tomorrow just to see how well they'd actually fit. I'd never actually install them on my car. I have some standards...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
Well they're 3pcs screwed together, so It's a much smaller box. Like 32" x 6" x 4", around 4lbs. But yeah. No idea 🤷‍♂️

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
Is this the cluster you got?

US $659.25 25%OFF | Digital Dashboard Panel Virtual Instrument Cluster CockPit LCD Speedometer CarPlay for Volkswagen VW Golf MK7 GTi Passat B8
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOxgPOy

The unit itself is probably exactly the same, but I bought it via this link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003375458198.html. I bought the one labeled "For Diesel golf 7", which will work with the regular non-diesel Golfs. Looks to be an updated unit from the one the says "For Golf 7 12-20"

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Looks like the pieces screw together nicely

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
🤐🤐🤐

Screenshot_20220305-100952_AliExpress.jpg

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
This is why I don’t like ordering from the Ali sites. My impatience can’t deal with it.

All about the shipping methods. The digital dash was shipped via DHL. So it'll be under 10 days total from the time I ordered for it to show up on my doorstep; already got delivery notification from DHL that it's coming this Thursday.

The first steering wheel was shipped via "AliExpress Standard Shipping". But it still said on the product page "Estimated delivery on Feb 28". Which it clearly missed. But it's still in transportation limbo since Feb 23rd, showing it left China, but didn't hit US customs yet. I'm sure it'll show up eventually, but who knows when.

This second wheel, cost me about $40 more, but will be shipped via DHL again. So I know once it ships, it'll be about a week for me to get it.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Amount of mods @Acadia18 purchases = n-1, where n = divorce.

Mother fucker has 12 in his cart on Ali express. Jon, are you in need of intervention?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
Amount of mods @Acadia18 purchases = n-1, where n = divorce.

Mother fucker has 12 in his cart on Ali express. Jon, are you in need of intervention?

Nah. I add shit to my cart on AliExpress all the time. Because if you find something you might want eventually, there will be zero chance you'll be able to find it a second time because searching on that site is fucking atrocious. Best to just add it to the cart so you can get to it easily again a second time.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
Benefit of being 90 minutes away from FCP... Even their standard free shipping gets to you next day. Ordered this yesterday morning. Arriving today. Looks like I'll be able to get that second DSG fluid change done today.

1646498414569.png

Also, did a fit of the $1.65 side skirts. Eh, I guess. You'd have to cut the front, they're about 4" too long.

1646498479821.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
If at @dtfd wants them still, I'll shove them in a corner somewhere until the next time we meet up. If somebody else wants them, they can have them for the cost of shipping. But honestly, that would probably be more than they're worth. Otherwise, they'll just go in the trash.