GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Album cover problem

CJOss

Hi!

I have a problem with the discover pro media function.
The album covers won't show on the screen.
Tried to import the covers in iTunes en copy them on a USB stick.

Who can help me?

Thnx!

lawrie1

Ready to race!
There are two ways album art is displayed in iTunes.

One is that the image is integrated into the mp3 file itself
if it is not there you can use iTunes to download album covers. These are put in a separate folder and generally will not be there if you copy the files from iTunes music folder.

From posts here it said that album covers need to be less than 500 x 500 pixels to display.

I have a mac and have used 'thetagger' and 'coverscout' to check mine and resize mine.

will only know if this works in a couple of weeks :)

Gamlejohn

The covers have to be embedded in the files. I have resized all covers to 400x400 pixels using Coverscout. Some are displayed on the screen, others are not. It's driving me crazy :eek:

Gamlejohn

None that I find. I just opened some of the bad files in Coverscout and the jpegs are 400x400 pixels - exactly the same size as the jpegs in the files that do work. I don't know what to try. Any ideas?

CJOss

It's driving me crazy.. If i resize al images and put them with iTunes the system won't show all the covers.. A few works but not everyone.. Pls help!

Matrick

Passed Driver's Ed
I bought the red iPod cable for my iPhone 4 but have now decided to go the SD card route, I can just leave it in the car and know it is always connected.

I spent yesterday evening testing with a 2GB SD card, I confirmed that MP3s work (as expected) but also that M4a files, copied straight out of the iTunes folder, worked too - something that I wasn't originally sure about. Both formats showed cover art and all was good.

Today I uploaded 8GB of music onto a new 32GB SDHC card and both MP3 and M4a files play perfectly..... however no album cover art!

I assumed that it might be due to the different SD card so I tested the 2GB card that I used yesterday..... same thing, no cover art?

99% of the images are below 500 x 500 and besides they worked yesterday, so image sizing isn't the issue.

When I view the files on the SDHC card with my MacBook or my Windows laptop I can see the artwork, so it has embedded ok. It even shows the image when Windows Media Player plays a track.

I'm baffled now...... any ideas folks?

Matrick

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok, finally sussed it out and have the SD card working and showing all artwork.

I had some artwork that was smaller than 400 x 400, it was 225 x 225, which worked on some albums and not others. Changing it to 400 x 400 as detailed below did the trick.

I redid the embedding procedure using Cover Scout for Mac. This worked best when I selected the target directory as my actual SD card and not iTunes. Embedding into iTunes and then dragging the files onto the SD card didn't always maintain the image.

Hope this helps any Mac users who had the same issues as me.

nerjajames

Hi can you please tell me how to select the SD card as the target directory, I have tried what you recommended updating iTunes and then copying from iTunes but doesn't work for me
many thanks
Jim

Hi can you please tell me how to select the SD card as the target directory, I have tried what you recommended updating iTunes and then copying from iTunes but doesn't work for me
many thanks
Jim

Not quite sure what you mean Jim. You press the "MEDIA" button and then select SD card to play from it.

As for the album artwork problem, I just drag and drop iTunes or mp3s and then check the artwork album by album, using shareware "Mp3tag". I found that if I replaced all artwork with the correct 500x500 version found by Mp3tag, it all works as required.

Mp3tag is a bit fiddly to work, so I won't attempt to describe it, but it's worth taking the time to suss it out, as it does do a good job. Once you're familiar with how it works, you can process a lot of albums very quickly.

SD cards really are the best way to go, cheap, inconspicuous and easy to access.

zgap101

Ready to race!
I once did some testing on the cover art on the Nav Pro on a 64Gb SHXC card:

Something that I observed:
I have a "best of" album and disc1 was image1.jpg and disc2 was image2.jpg and all the mp3s were in the 1 folder (containing files for both disc1 and 2). When you "flicked" the screen, you can see the album art for both image1.jpg and image2.jpg, when you actually select that image, the image disappears! To resolve that, I separate the files into two separate folders.

So... I now make sure to have:

#1 : Max image size 800x800
#2 : Each folder to have music files with 1 consistent image.
#3 : Embed only 1 image (mp3tag can embed more than 1 image into an mp3 file, make sure it's only got 1)

nerjajames

Getting album art into the image using cover scout works OK but you need to select specific album and then sometimes make repeated passes on the same album to complete the process. Using windows to remove the '.-'files works fine got a clean SD card now in the car, many thanks all.