GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tuning Gurus - Is This Too Good to be True?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Impossible. They can’t hide a change annotated in the ECU registry

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I ran into a dead-end chatting with them. I exceeded my knowledge of the ECM and then some. They claim to be doing this since 2008. I know there are port plug-ins for other makes, and I thought they all make changes that are detectible.

I didn't think there is a way to modify the voltages from the port and feed them back to the ECM.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Your ecu has a flash counter. Everytime you flash a tune that counter rises by one. Could you flash a stock tune back on and have it be exactly like a stock engine? Sure.

However your ecu's flash counter will not match the flash counter back in the mothership and that's how a car gets flagged TD-1.

backcountry

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI
Your ecu has a flash counter. Everytime you flash a tune that counter rises by one. Could you flash a stock tune back on and have it be exactly like a stock engine? Sure.

However your ecu's flash counter will not match the flash counter back in the mothership and that's how a car gets flagged TD-1.
I don't think that device is flashing the ECU. It looks like it remains in the OBD2 port and intercepts the signals and modifies them like a JB4 would except nowhere near as good.

Looks like a total waste of money.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So long, suckers

1715197023314.png

Gonna plug this in to my v8 golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I don't think that device is flashing the ECU. It looks like it remains in the OBD2 port and intercepts the signals and modifies them like a JB4 would except nowhere near as good.

Looks like a total waste of money.

That's my exact impression as well.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
They even have one for my 8 cylinder turbo beetle from 2005. 60hp for only 100 bucks! definitely not real man. this is most likely just one of those blinker circuit ebay scams

Last edited: